Assistant Vice President of Partner Services
With a history that includes previously serving as President of the Austin Claims Association, Barton Scott, has an impressive thirty-seven years of adjusting experience, thirty-four years of claims and catastrophe management, and twenty-five years of handling complex commercial claims. Barton has held such positions as Commercial Claims Trainer and Senior Executive General Adjuster. His multi-faceted career also includes trial court and mediation experience.
What inspires you most?
Being able to assist people in their time of need has always given me great joy. They have often suffered a very personal and traumatic experience, and to be able to assist them through their difficult times is an honor and privilege for me.
- Attended Howard Junior College majoring in Accounting
- I am a member of the Society of Certified General Adjuster’s
- Have been appointed as an Executive General Adjuster’s by numerous insurance carriers
- Licensed in 31 states
- I have developed numerous training curriculums in the handling of large and complex claims, including risk exposures to such entities as Local, County and State entities; Manufacturing and Industrial risk; Independent, Unified and consolidated School Districts as well as institutions of higher learning
- I have attended and or participated in numerous training courses including Fire and Arson investigation; Roofing and Water-proofing; Roofing Materials and Installation techniques; Salvage and Subrogation Processing; Commercial and Personal General Liability claims handling; Vale National Auto Appraisal Estimating; Past Journeyman in HVAC Sheet Metal Works.
- Favorite Book – “The Shack”
- Favorite Author – “Larry McMurtry or Dale Brown”
- Favorite Hobby – Wood working
- Music – Adult Contemporary Christian
- Past Time – College Footballs and other sports